Sunday, June 3, 2007

Mormons for MITT?


www.lds.com

So what does the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints have to say about Mitt? Apparently not to much. After researching on their website there were only 7 articles related to their Mormon candidate. They do believe that the public view of the church will be questioned if Romney wins. The Mormon faith is currently the fourth largest in the world with 5.6 million believers. At the rate of Mitt's internet campaign, I'm not sure that the public view of church will have any need to be questioned.

"You know, I believe in my faith and I'm proud of my faith, but I'm not running as a Mormon, I'm running as a former governor, a business leader, a person who has a vision for the country to make us strong." -- Mitt Romney.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

4th in the world? Or, 4th in the US. I think it's the later.

Victoria said...

As a member of the Church, I wish I could support him, but I have to go with the only candidate who honors the Constitution and that would be Ron Paul.

Anonymous said...

One thing is for sure. No member who has ever seriously studied the Constitution would vote for Mitt Romney.

Jay

SpaceCoastDave said...

Anonymous is probably right- half of the Church's 11.7 million are actually outside the United States, so the 4 million+ refers to the Church's US population.